Saturday, March 3, 2012

Time Assassin CHOW

Finally an update! I have been BUSY which is a good thing. I had some good commissions this last month. I also squeezed in a CHOW from conceptart.org. This is the Time Assassin. He's from the future, and he's come to the wild west to assassinate someone and hopefully make the world a better place in his time by doing so.

Here are the wips(works in progress)


This first wip is what I came up with out of my head. I realized the pose was weak/stiff/unconvincing and I needed reference to improve it.

So I shot some pics of myself in my room doing this pose and it added a lot to the gesture of the pose. You can tell he is reacting to something behind him, and he's got his hand near his gun holster.

I overlayed some stuff from a google search I did for "steampunk machines".
This is the final image. I made the light behind him pretty orange, and the blue from the monitor is the complimentary color to orange. I rarely use complimentary colors because they are very abrasive opposites. They should be renamed to uncomplimentary colors IMO.


No comments:

Post a Comment